Thursday, April 17, 2014

45 Days to Go!

One of the big meetings before our trip to Italy was a total success. All six kids and three of our chaperones met yesterday, Wednesday, April 17, at the high school kitchen during lunch, to discuss our final agenda and everything we need to know about travelling.


With only 45 days left before we leave to Italy, all that most of us can feel is tension and excitement, and with yesterday's meeting it only helped me feel more stressed and definitely much more excited! Our sponsors tried to talk about every tiny detail about packing, airport checkpoints, and expectations of being in a whole different country.

As they would talk about our plans for the trip and plans before we leave, my head was going crazy! All I could think of was, how I can't wait to get on that plane and land in Italy! But, then the fact that we still have 45 long days to wait, it only makes me stress and somewhat sad, because that means I still have to worry about school, work, and plans for graduation. Although as for graduation I am not as excited as I am for our trip, I am ready to get over it and travel to El Paso the next day to wait for our flight all night long, since I won't be able to sleep until I set foot on that plane.

All of this excitement isn't only because of the fact of travelling to such an amazing place, but because it means that everyone's hard work is finally paying off. We all now know that all of the time, money, work, and patience that all of us six kids, our sponsors, and the community have put into this group during these two years, has been worth it.

There are not enough words to describe how thankful I am to all of those people who have helped us reach our goal, how grateful we all feel and for the sacrifices everyone has made to help us raise enough money to be able to have such an amazing experience.

I know that this will be a lifetime experience, and as I said before, I am glad that it will be with these five amazing kids and our two great sponsors that I will get to travel with and have the time of my life. Now all there is left for all of us to do is to start packing and make a list of gifts we want to bring back home. Final words: I can't wait any longer! And again, thank you all for your support and kindness!

No comments:

Post a Comment