Friday, January 24, 2014

Working For It!

These two years working with the Travel Class, have been amazing. Our first year was somewhat hard and slow, especially when we were looking for a sponsor. We were afraid no one wanted to take such a huge responsibility and work with six crazy teenagers. Then, luckily, Mrs. Ranzau came to the rescue. She barely knew us, because she had recently moved to Valentine that year, but she accepted to work with us  and has showed that she truly believes in us and cares about us.

When we first started, a couple of us set our minds on going to Fiji, but when later finding out how much money it would take to get there, we scratched that option and moved forward looking for others places to travel, obviously cheaper places.

Of course it was our first year and we had lots of time to decide where we wanted to go. Along the year we thought of Spain, Brazil, Hawaii, and many different places each one of us got interested in, then suddenly someone mentioned the option of going to Italy. As the option of going to Italy got stuck in our heads, and after we did some research, the idea seemed perfect for all of us. Later we all made the great decision of going to Italy, and that is when most of the hard work started, because we all knew we were gonna have to make lots of money to make our dream come true, and this is mostly how our adventure began.

During these two years, the 10 of us have been through a lot of pain and happiness together, we all have worked hard to raise money. There were times where it seemed that we were very far from making our dream come true, times where we wanted to give up, but with the community support and all those people who have generously helped us, we have become stronger and are very close to travelling to Italy!

I have experienced too many things with the Travel Class, I have learned to respect, love, and care about others, and mostly to love and respect myself. To help those who need me, and to make myself work harder for what I want. Apart from learning to be more responsible and caring, during these two years I have also turned into a more educated person in my personal and social life. I learned to interact more with nature, society, and my family, where I am not the shy girl I used to be a couple of years ago, who the only thing she looked forward at the end of her day was to lock herself in her room and read or watch TV. 

I have gained too many great things during these two years, one of the most important things is the family the 10 of us have developed. To me these kids aren't only a group I get to travel with, they are my brothers and sister, they are who matter most to me, who make me laugh every day, who also make me mad and sometimes frustrated, but because of our special relationship we are able to fix our problems even with just a smile.

This mostly because of our two great sponsors, who both have also been through too many hurtful and exhausting experiences with us, but they are who have shown us that with love and respect we can get through anything. They have given us the strength to fight for this dream, they are who have made sure that this family always stays together.
 
I am happy to say that I have been very lucky and blessed, that it is with them that I have experienced these two fantastic years, and that it is with them that I will be travelling to such a beautiful country this summer.






No comments:

Post a Comment